If you want to have your non-fiction book published, you need to know how to effectively construct a book proposal. You can learn bits and pieces from many sources, but the very best place to learn is from someone who has successfully crafted a wide variety of non-fiction and fiction proposals.
NAIWE Expert Mary DeMuth is the author of several novels, three books on parenting, a recently published memoir, and countless articles. She mentors budding writers through The Writing Spa, and has written two tutorials, Nonfiction Book Proposals that Grab an Editor or Agent by the Throat (in a good way!) and Write a Powerful Fiction Proposal. These two resources are full of practical advice and annotated samples of proposals that worked.
Nonfiction Book Proposals that Grab an Editor or Agent by the Throat (in a good way!)
Wednesday, May 19, at 3:30 p.m. EST
In this teleclass, you’ll learn:
- How to identify and articulate your passion before you write the book
- What belongs in The Introduction and About the Book sections
- Where to find information for About the Market
- What to put in the Comparative Analysis section
- How to construct a realistic Marketing Plan
- What to say in the About the Author section
- How to shape a convincing Conclusion
- What to include in Chapter Outlines
- What you need to know about the first three chapters that most publishers request
Mary’s latest book is Life in Defiance, the final book in the Defiance, Texas trilogy. You can read more about it at Mary’s online bookstore, where you can purchase the proposal tutorials and signed copies of her books. You’ll also find her books (but not the tutorials) at Amazon.com and other bookstores.
Members will receive call-in information for the class via a member mailing. Be sure that you’ve whitelisted *@naiwe.com and *@naiwemail.com (an asterisk, followed by @naiwe.com and @naiwemail.com) in your e-mail program so that you receive the message.
If you’re not a member and you’d like to join in time for this teleclass, you may click on this “Join NAIWE” link to do so.
If you would like to register for this single teleclass only, you may do so for $27 by visiting the Teleclass page.