NAIWE members are invited to join us January 16, 2013 at 3:30 p.m. EDT for a report on the recent Technologically Advanced Publishing Conference (TAP 2013) topics and speakers. NAIWE was a media sponsor for this conference, and director Janice Campbell, and scholarship winner, Carol Topp, NAIWE’s Accounting for Freelancers Expert, attended.
In a wide-ranging conversation, Janice and Carol will share what they learned about the newest frontiers of digital publishing, including
- Book writing tips and techniques
- Insider tips for making it as a content publisher
- Design essentials for digital publishing
- Copyright principles
- Creating synergy and keeping your brand consistent across your blog and social media
- A look at Adobe Digital Publishing Suite and iBooks
- And more . . .
You’ll come away with a better understanding of where the publishing world is moving, and how to choose your path to publication.
Members will find call-in information for the classes in the member area of the NAIWE.com website. You’ll find it by logging in on any page of the site, then going to the Library link, then to the Expert Teleclasses link. NAIWE teleclasses are totally free for members ($27 each for non-members).
If you’re not a member and you’d like to join in time for the teleclass, you may click on this “Join NAIWE
” link to do so. If you would like to register for the teleclass only, you may do so by visiting the Teleclass
page. We hope you’ll join us!
Carol Topp, CPA
We’re delighted to recognize Carol Topp, CPA, the NAIWE Accounting for Freelancers Expert, as the winner of the TAP! 2013 Scholarship. She’ll be joining us at the Technologically Advanced Publishing Conference in Orlando, Florida, just three weeks from now, and will be a guest at dinner with NAIWE Director, Janice Campbell.
There are still a few spots left at this conference, and we’d love to see you there (NAIWE members are invited to join us for dinner). You can register at www.TAP2013.com. If you are in publishing or work with those who are, you’ll leave this conference with information that can help you make 2013 your best year ever. We hope you can come!
As a media sponsor of the Technologically Advanced Publishing Conference (TAP! 2013), NAIWE has been presented with a scholarship valued at up to $745 for one of our members.
If you can make it to Florida in January, please apply! Simply send an e-mail containing the following information to support@NAIWE.com by December 15, 2012.
- NAIWE Member Site URL
- A brief statement of why you would like to come
- Statement of commitment to come if your application is chosen
Don’t miss joining NAIWE at TAP! 2013!
In addition to the keynote by Guy Kawasaki, conference sessions will include:
Sessions will include:
- Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur: How to write, publish, and market your books as a self-publisher
- How to Start and Finish Writing Your Book
- Apple iBooks Author Fast Start
- The Road to Kindle – A Successful Author’s Journey
- Copyright Still Means Something for Digital Publishers
- Copyright FAQ
- User-Generated Content is Great (and Full of Legal Problems)
- From Book to Business
- Sink or Swim? Navigating Today’s Turbulent Waters as a Content Creator
- Digital or Die: The Case for Captivating UX & Design to Bring Your Content to Life
- Writing for the Web: How to Compel Your Audience to Action
- Hypersyndication: How to Deliver Your Content to Multiple Platforms
- Establishing Your Digital Publishing Identity Across Multiple Social Media Platforms
- Creating a Video Trailer for your eBook or App Using Adobe Photoshop
- Creating ePUB files with Adobe InDesign
- Getting Started with Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) Single Edition
- ePUB, PDF, or DPS: Which Format to Choose?
- Design & Digital Publishing Essentials
- iOS 6 for Designers and Developers
- User Interfaces Don’t Have to Suck — The Mobile User Experience
- Finding Your Audience Tribes in a Hyper-Social Digital World
- How To Use Compelling Photographs To Attract More Eyeballs
- Creating Videos People Want to Watch
- The Power of Podcasting
We are excited to announce that NAIWE members have been offered a special discount to the TAP! 2013 – Technologically Advanced Publishing Conference.
January 8 -11, 2013 | Orlando, FL
The National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (www.NAIWE.com) has partnered with the International Association of Electronic Publishers (www.IAEPUB.org) to offer another opportunity to build your career and redefine your mission as an independent writer or editor. TAP! 2013 is a cutting-edge training conference pushing new limits in digital content creation, publishing, marketing and monetization.
The who’s who in this new emerging space will share case studies, talk tech and help you bring your digital publishing project to life. Get ready for 4 days of sessions that covers both strategy and vision as well as practical tools and techniques from contentcreation to final distribution.
Every attendee receives a free copy of Guy Kawasaki’s new book APE: Author-Publisher-Entrepreneur and you’ll see Guy speak at the opening keynote!
Early bird pricing on all conference packages runs until December 7.
TAP! 2013 has offered an additional special discount for NAIWE Members. Log into the member area and go to the Member Benefit and Discount Links page linked from the “Library” to get the code you need to receive an additional $150 off any package you choose.