Congress was busy with tax changes in 2010. Do any affect you as a writer?
Author and NAIWE’s tax expert Carol Topp, CPA will discuss the important tax legislation that Congress passed in 2010 and how it affects writers and other freelancers.
This members-only program will air on February 2, 2010 at 3:30 EST
She will cover:
- Important tax changes from several new bills that passed Congress in 2010 including “ObamaCare,” the small business bills and the extension of the Bush tax credits.
- All employees and self employed freelancers get a 2% raise in 2011. Carol will explain how.
- A new 1099MISC reporting requirement that affects freelancers.
- What tax breaks exist for writers.
- Tips to make taxes and record keeping simpler.
Carol Topp, CPA makes unclear topics clear as she shares her tax and business knowledge with writers, authors and micro business owners. Her website is CarolToppCPA.com or http://caroltopp.naiwe.com/ and her upcoming book is Information in a Nutshell: Business Tips and Taxes for Writers.